The boys have been busy.
Daytime boy produced this
Nighttime boy (and me) did this
I feel slightly naked with my ballast on view outside the boat - lucky I have ballast/trim problems though or how else would we be holding the panels down to the sticky stuff!
Okay so we only have the solar panels 50% there as we still need to feed the wires through the roof (along the guide wires left in place) and join up to the batteries etc.
But at least I no longer have to rely on my canoe paddles to turn the boat around for the signwriting.
Cos my nighttime boy also put the electrics back together. When I switched the engine back off it at 9pm it had done exactly 8 hours. Gosh been on the water 5 months that would be an average of 0.05 hours per day (3mins). I hope to increase that average and miles over this summer.
We have used the rest of my porthole seal stuff to seal around all the gauges and panels to prevent any leakage behind. That was my job whilst nightime boy did the technical stuff. Thanks to Chris for that suggestion. Plus I have just checked and we have indeed put the water/fuel tank gauges back the correct way around. I could have been very confused little bunny and it doesn't take much.
Welcome rain except at 3 am!
4 weeks ago




No comments:
Post a Comment