Thursday, 22 April 2010

Dinette day three



I can't show you the final touches to the dinette seat itself as it is covered over to protect it a little from the fact the room is once again a workshop.  So instead here is a picture of the Ash being glued together to make up the table.  It is in approximately the right place!

So that was last night.  Today Andy is working away at making supports, legs, and storage clips for something that of course has to work in three locations.  a) as a table, b) as the bed base end and c) against the wall out of the way!

On a different note I got fed up waiting for the job to be done properly so small boy and I 'finished' the front garden.  I still need some more stones as the fabric is showing through.  But it is DONE.

Dearly beloved might wince a lot at the fact that all his lovely neat joints on the wooden separators are now all higgledy piggledy but he had his chance.



Interestingly (or not) the lovely dark purple slate when it dries out goes very pale (you can see the bits that have started to dry out) so it isn't going to be as stark a contrast to the limestone chippings as I had hoped.  Hey ho.

No comments: