Here we have a seat
Then we (close the door - you have to imagine that bit) and pull out the side.
Then pull the front out.
The gap at the bottom of the bed will be made up of the table top and an insert extension.
And there you have a small double of 3'9" width or large single across the boat for occasional guests.
Last night we successfully passed the cables for the solar panels through the roof. Unfortunately John had only drilled the holes big enough for the guide wires initially so he had to make the holes bigger before we could start and the battery on his drill was flat. So in between brief charges he wired in the Mikuni, the loo, and I left him at nine thirty fitting the shower pump switch and hopefully the tv/sat aerial sockets inside the tv cabinet. This leaves the outside aerial sockets, actually connecting the solar panels to the batteries and fitting the 5 cabin lights. Getting there.
When we ran the Mikuni it stopped fairly quickly because a) diesel too low or b) as I discovered by pulling out the mattress that the pressure was gone. Can't do anything about that right now as the bedroom is full of my shower panels so can't take the bed frame out from under the tug deck to access the refill the system point! Hmmm this could get tiring on a regular basis. Good job I have a working stove as alternative heating source.




3 comments:
Have you any water filters on your Mikuni? We put filters onto our webasto line based on our past experience of a Mikuni furring up due to water in diesel, we have had no problems on ID but that could also be due to buying cleaner diesel.
If you do have a filter then get one with a little pump on top - it makes bleeding the system so much easier. Our Webasto does not seem to cope well with air ...
Richard
I have no idea - I'm a girl!
However based on comments by others I have decided to try not to put red diesel into my heating fuel tank if at all possible.
Today I put 34 litres in and it is reading half full. It looked a little gungy around the filler so there may have been some water in the diesel but at 1/8 full I would hope that the water is below the Mikuni pick up point.
Judging by pressure drop it appears to be bleeding itself! I will ask Jim about the bleeding but I think that bit is under the dinette. The Mikuni itself is in the bow locker.
Very clever!
Post a Comment