Here I am wearing a fetching anti fly fringe!
Hi viz
When you leave map on the boat a photograph of the trans pennine trail helps enormously.
Except for the bit from Harlington down to Rotherham. We have discovered the gps is a pain in the ... on a bicycle and led us to do one more hill than strictly necessary.
That bridge/viaduct I took earlier between Sprotbrough and Conisbrough.
This is the view from above.
The slope from that path you can see to the viaduct is very very steep. Himself says they are not hills but 'attitudes of mind'. I still don't like them.
My hero!
When my puncture proof tyres fell victim to a small screw in Rotherham he cycled back and forth trying to locate the Halfords on the Canklow Trading Estate whilst I steadily walked the two miles. He managed to borrow a pump from Halfords and fixed my tyre cycling back to return the pump to them again. Lessons learned? 1. take a pump with you. 2. take both mobile phones 3. take spare inner tube.

No comments:
Post a Comment