Tuesday, 13 September 2011

I like a challenge

The towpath changed sides so now the wind would be blowing us onto the mooring so what do I do?  I choose to moor at Gopsall Wharf on the non towpath side.

It had bollards but only two.
I made a leap of faith and got the middle rope on bollard one and commenced pulling the boat in.  Unfortunately the back end couldn't go any further back due to a tree which meant the front end decided to go to the towpath side.  Don't know why - nothing over there but reeds!

Still with the help of a visitor and by joining my back rope to the front rope it was long enough to pull it back around.

I then went knitting cos the wind was very strong.

One middle rope goes to the back bollard and then to the back of the boat.
the back rope goes to same bollard.

Other middle rope goes to front bollard and joins the front rope back on the boat.

I lay in bed as the wind rocked us to sleep wondering just how I was going to manage it in reverse.

Of course I had an audience.
and it all went like soft sweet music despite the boat being this distance from the side.



Just before the terminus is this rather splendid off line mooring.  Not quite long enough for my boat though.

Sang my little heart out in the rather kinky tunnel.
Both ways.

No comments: