Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Fellow Bloggers sighted

Today it was the turn of NB Valerie.  As I went past I gesticulated madly and caught Jacquelines attention.  We managed a brief exchange of words.

Now if there hadn't been a boat behind them that was just about to leave I might have invited myself in for a cup of coffee !!!  However I think this would have caused major mayhem so probably a good idea I didn't attempt the manouvre.

Have not quite made it to Atherstone as the rain defeated me just before Hartshill.

Stopped for lunch in Nuneaton as I suddenly had an urge to make bread on board.  I've been carrying the machine around for months.  Unfortunately I found out that I didn't have enough flour and that the instructions were at home.  I looked up a recipe online and rushed out to buy some more flour.  I ended up in a Polish shop and I found flour ok but wasn't sure which was plain and which self raising, then I spotted some which clearly had pictures of bread on the front.  That's the kiddy I said to myself.

Hmmm not so sure.  The bread is still in the bread maker and has an hour left to go.  It is being made with some normal flour, some strong bread flour and some Polish flour which is of a slightly weird consistency.  Should be interesting as I also reduced quantities from the recipe a ince my bread maker is only small and I didn't fancy a loaf trying to escape.

Will post picture of the result.

No comments: