So here are my pictures from my Grand Day Out
A dismal view of the canal in Nottingham (would have been better if it had been a sunny day)
I thought it appropriate to have my lunch at this pub.
View of my bamboo flooring in the bathroom. It goes all the way under the tug deck at the front.
Office desk flap down. Resting on the side shelf and the open door of the little cupboard.
And closed up ready for the 'bed' to be pulled out to turn the 'office' into the bedroom!
Start of bedside cabinets/sofa arms.
Today I have mostly been travelling on the bus. My car's tax and insurance run out on the same day so when I tried to tax it on Saturday I couldn't because I had no insurance valid for the 1st. Today I rang the insurance and I am valid as from midnight so I phoned dvla but you don't get to speak to a person so once again I fell at the 'no valid insurance hurdle'. Hopefully tomorrow all systems will have been updated.
My replacement modem arrived over the weekend but it didn't work either so I took laptop into Worksop by bus to go to the 3 shop. They couldn't get the modem to work in their machines either but at least my sim did work in one of theirs so that at least is a result of sorts. I came home.
I rang 3 again and we tried all sorts reinstalling, changing cables etc but no good. Lad at the 3 shop had said I was better off getting a different dongle (usb rather than cable) as they seemed to work better. Man at call centre said okay go back to the 3 shop. Try the different dongle in your laptop with your sim if it works buy it and we will refund you by putting cash into your account. So a dash for the bus again. Into shop, it works WAY HAY so while it was downloading all my emails I bought it! Back on bus, nice man at the call centre called me back and put the money in my account. Sorted.
My neck hurts. I will definitely be buying a smaller laptop SOON.
I met lots of lovely people on the bus.







5 comments:
Being Nottingham born and bred, I am not so sure that it would have looked a great deal better on a brighter day!
This image is looking back in your direction, but around one hundred years ago when the canal worked for a living.
http://www.wellscargo.co.uk/belle/images/nottm/Carrington Street Bridge_1.jpg
(You will need to manually connect to this image because your BLOG will mot let me tag it).
Cheers, Chris.
Hi Chris
I didn't know you read my blog! Taking it's sweet time in it. And my engine room looks nothing like yours. Hey ho.
On my grand day out I also went exploring in the caves. I was down there so long they came looking for me thinking I had fallen into a Tannery Vat maybe. I would love to see the rest of the system.
Hi there,
Yes, I drop by occasionally to see how things are going. I was saddened to learn of your joinery issues a few weeks back. It's a shame when work has to be undone and re-done properly. I like the look of the bamboo floor by the way.
The caves are one of Nottingham's tourist attractions, not that there are many tourist attractions you will understand. Still, that might be just a jaundiced view of somebody who was raised there.
For example, I really do get embarrassed when somebody brings up Nottingham Castle. I feel compelled to explain to them that it is absolutely nothing like you see in the movies! Big house on top of a rock would be more accurate.
If you went to the caves that are accessed at the foot of some escalators in Broad Marsh shopping centre, then I can recall those being excavated many years ago when the Broad Marsh shopping centre itself was being constructed. Some Saxon dwellings were uncovered there as well - not sure if they form part of the exhibits down in the caves because I have not been into said caves since I was a nipper.
Please pass my regards to 'himself' - I trust that his leg has fully recovered and that he is now able to make good use of his Duke (or was that Duke's; I can't remember). Has it been on the deck yet?
Cheers, Chris.
Re his leg - he still isn't back to 100% fitness and has another op to clean out the knee middle of March. As he can't use it to kick start his old noisy things he bought a new one. Flighty little madam scared the bejayzus out of me the one time I rode pillion so he then went out of character and got an old bmw. Much better. None of them are suitable for the front deck so you know what that means! He thinks a Suzuki Van thingy would be right and that I should take my test. Hmmm
He hopes that this summer he can manage a kick start again. We'll see.
Glad to learn that, albeit slowly, the leg is recovering. However, sounds like the grey matter could well be deteriorating now - an old BMW indeed! Whatever next?
Cheers, Chris.
Post a Comment