Saturday, 20 March 2010

Choices choices




So after spending an hour Wed evening and about 3 hours on Thursday morning we chose our fabric for the sofa in the office.  Narrowing it down from about 30 possibles to 7 or 8 which we checked were still available.  Hoping that this would help reduce the shortlist - it didn't as all were available - so we used stricter criteria to reduce it to three and then to one.  We ordered and paid for it and set off to the Marina to see the electrician.  On the way I got a call on the mobile but was too late to answer it and we didn't know who it was from anyway.  At the marina I played back my messages.   Oh fiddlesticks I said when I heard that the choice we had made which we had checked was available had - in the time between checking and ordering - been snaffled by someone else.  Bar stewards was my other thought.  It had been a remnant just our size and was discontinued.  As it was imperative that we ordered in time for it to arrive for my mum to make the covers while they were visiting next week I had to go back.

The girls at the shop were so embarressed and had laid out on the table a selection based on the shortlist we had asked them to check and some new ones we hadn't seen.  So after all that I chose the one she had found for me!  I took the photo so that himself could see the final result as he was exhausted and had been dropped off at home on the way back from the Marina.

No comments: