Monday, 8 March 2010

Beds etc

At the weekend himself and I spent a happy time lounging around on various mattresses.  We think we know what we want now so we can design the bed frame around the depth of mattress.  Then we go back with accurate dimensions for the mattress to be made in two sections.  Large square piece 4'6" for the lieing down part and 18" for the seating part.  To firm up the seat area this will have a solid base whilst the sleeping part will be slats.

Helped Andy load all the Ash onto the boat and discussed what needs doing in what order.  We have a deadline to meet after all!

Ran the engine for a bit on Saturday to check on the leaking joints in the calorifier (yes they leak quite badly!) I was disconcerted by how rough the engine sounded.  However I am hoping that it is only sounding like that because a nut on the engine is up against Lord Voldemort's sturdy leg totally nullifying the Noise Killer stuff we have put on.  Spit Spit Mutter Mutter.  Andy reckons not a problem to cut a notch out of this leg so they are no longer touching and hopefully the engine will sound a lot better. 

If I was like Bones I would of course attempt to remove and replace the two leaking joints myself.  Not a difficulty in themselves - I am confident I could manage that just fine.  I just don't want to empty all the contents of the engine cooling system all over my lovely interior!  I also want MM to listen to my engine and confirm that it is fine and dandy and that I am just a neurotic fool.

I wish I had bought High Fidelity I really do!

No comments: