Both the mobile and then the land line ring this morning whilst I am in the bath! Change of plan going to be first drop! Be there in an hour. Oh frabjous joy. On the way to the dentist I called in to make sure Steve was aware (Bryan not there today or tomorrow) and narrowly missed meeting the van head on as it was leaving! Called back after the dentist and small boy helped me on with most of the units. Had a problem with the 600mm unit as it just fitted through the door but I had to put it down as I was in danger of falling off the back of the boat and small boy caught his hand between the bottom of the unit and the lip of the door. He was very good and didn't swear in front of his mother but having extricated his mangled hand ran down the other end of the boat to do so. So refined you know.
We left the two 700mm units for Bryan to do on his way back from whereever he was as they would involve lifting through the top of the hatch. Of course they are actually probably lighter than the 600 unit as that has three pan drawers in!!
so here they are still encased in cardboard. Mainly because injured small boy had lost interest in anything to do with Mother's boat but also for protection.
this one is the 400mm waste bin unit. It will be going beside the steps out for easy rubbish removal. Well easy if the tow path is actually on that side! This means that I will have to reverse into my pontoon mooring at Shireoaks if I want to use the side entrance.
No comments:
Post a Comment