Tuesday, 21 April 2009

C D W M update and tank gauge indicator

The meal went very well and I found these fabulous coffee cups in a charity shop for the princely sum of £2.00. This was so that I could offer little cups of coffee instead of large cups with a small amount of coffee in the bottom as previously!







If I can find other such gems I think that is where I will do my crockery shopping for the boat.







the table laid up ready.





The table as it looks now! These are the porthole covers. I am oiling them prior to them being attached to the porthole liners. They have been made from chesnut and are coming up a treat with the oiling. I have yet to source hinges for them as ideally I would like black piano hinges but not found any yet.




Mel has been busy in the engine room. To the left of the weed hatch are the two holes drilled for the tank level indicator. He has informed me of the distance from the centres so that I can order the kit.


My surveyor says currently the rules stipulate that all of a dry exhaust needs lagging even if it is out of the way. They are apparently discussing this matter on Monday but as the results of the discussion could take weeks to be reported we have decided to lag now anyway just in case.


Mel has also put the front electric diesel tank sender into the front tank. I missed it but he actually squeezed himself into the front locker to do the welding and nearly got stuck but also more crucially nearly set fire to his leg!















No comments: