Monday, 9 February 2009

views in and out

Spent the weekend at Robs with views over Carsington Water. Was a bit trepidatious about parking car at his house in case it snowed again and I wouldn't be able to get back down the hill.

Decided that as

a) I was bringing him 20kg of coal and

b) forecast said wouldn't snow until Sunday I could risk it.

First snow flakes following day had me hareing out to the car and home though - I am such a whimp! Still the house was warm (apart from the outhouse) and there were no spider parts in the bath. We went out for a meal saturday lunch at the Knockerdown and it was absolutely delicious. Rob had to stop me licking the plate.

All in all a good weekend.




Bryan has been busy.



I am amazed at the difference between the oiled panels and the not yet oiled panels.

Still waiting for some grommets so John can drill and connect the outside stuff to the inside wires.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you getting your grommets? All I have been able to find is geared round car steel thicknesses but our boat builder (now sadly gone) used some which were perfect for boat steel?

Richard

nb.bobcat said...

Not sure as John is getting them. Initially he could only get hold of them in packs of 50! I believe he has found them in packs of 10 somewhere. Will find out and get back to you. He needed to know thickness of the steel in question so obviously that is crucial.