Tuesday, 3 February 2009

I am a little bit pooped

but also a little bit pleased with myself.

I was rung this morning by my Sheffield clients to say not to bother trying to get in to see them as they hadn't managed to get to work themselves. So what's a girl to do? Well she fettles the bedroom so that just leaves the bathroom now for it's spring clean. Then what? I know lay the laminate floor what I bought yesterday. So the last few items transferred into both bedrooms. But the square Ikea table won't go into either room without removing the legs so it is balanced on the landing! Those two socks are waiting to meet their other halves! :)

The larger Ikea table cannot leave the room so I upended it and worked around it.
I then got to the point where I needed to cut some boards. Aagh Himself has taken his Jigsaw home, nextdoor doesn't have one, Bryan who probably has several is down at the boat. I am in the mood ...
So another visit to B&Q and buy a cheap £9 one plus the correct blades for cutting laminate. What a nice man.
I also had to remove the door. I did try to work around it but in the end it had to go. You really cannot clunk click laminate floor with a door in the way no matter how hard you try.

And there it is finished. I will ask someone nicely to do my skirtings. The rest of the stuff better wait to go in until the skirtings are done I suppose I couldn't face moving them again.
But though I say it myself who really oughtn't I am rather pleased with my going round the door jambs. A lot of grunt went into those. And one not quite right one used as a template for the one that worked.


right that's it going to make some supper as it is 8.30pm now and I am well and truly pooped. gonna sleep well tonight in my lovely clean sheets etc. Bliss.
Oh yes girls whilst doing this manly stuff I also managed to do two loads of washing!!!

No comments: