I beg to differ.
Travelled 7 miles by boat.
Replaced inner tube on bike wheel (twice due to first one not being correct aaargh)
Cycled 7 miles back to car.
Got told off by a lady walker for cycling on the towpath despite me being ever so polite to everyone. She said I needed a licence. Wished I had said ' what makes you think I haven't got one ' will do next time ... after all I pay to maintain the towpath bet she doesn't. Mutter mutter spit spit.
Drove I don't know how many miles in the car (took about 20 mins)
Cycled 7 miles back to the boat.
Made the mistake of cutting the corners of the windy canal by going by road. Forgot roads go up and down. Down to the river back up the otherside !!!
My exercise induced asthma came out in force - thought I was going to collops.
My bum hurts
My hands hurt (left cycle gloves in the car doh)
My legs ache.
no tv signal
Welcome rain except at 3 am!
4 weeks ago

3 comments:
Hi there,
I, like you, am very courteous when cycling the towpath. I 'two-ting' when necessary, trying hard to avoid startling other users. Despite this courteous approach, I too have found it necessary to educate some obstinate towpath users about my right to be there. This is not always verbally communicated – for example, I sense from time to time when cycling on the towpath that I am being looked up and down as if I were emitting a bad smell. I am beginning to wonder whether I should adopt a wholly different towpath cycling technique, e.g. race at these other towpath users at full speed and scatter them like ten pins at the local alley. I appreciate that this would contravene the guidelines set out in the BW code, but hey, think of the fun I could have. In their eyes, I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.
What do you reckon?
Cheers, Chris
Indeed Chris, my bicycle has a bell and one lady who jumped like mad actually said thanks for having a bell made a nice change! Wasn't what I was expecting her to say at all.
My bicycle is called Annabel. Because she has one.
Hi, I would love to play that game Chris, ohhhhh what fun...maybe not!
I love your bike name Bobcat! I had a "Lilly" but now have a brand new bike called "Cilla"! Why Cilla? because she was bought as a surprise, (surprise)!
Post a Comment