Monday, 9 May 2011

A little bit of wind today ...

but nothing I can't handle.  Mooring up for the many locks was interesting I adopted the quick exit from boat clutching windlass, middle and back ropes and hurling the ropes turned around the bollards quick fast modus operandi.

Curious neighbours

Most of the locks on this flight come in pairs but everysooften one is out of use. This is a pain when someone has offered to help set your lock and then you come out of your lock and find the next pair is a singleton.  at least she did come back and set the single lock filling for me which meant I knew noone was coming up and was able to stick my bows into the lock entrance.  Unfortunately the non towpath side ones often have snotty messages on the ends of the gardens and no bollards.


Some of the closed off ones look perfectly operational, some are completely filled up and grassed over with a pipe running through but this was my favourite.

Sometimes it is not the potential frolicking that is important just that you know you can.

1 comment:

Jaqueline Biggs said...

Oh how lovely to see your kitty sitting and looking out at the world from your boat. Sigh, I miss my cat... oh well we give up to gain, yes? I'm glad you are enjoying the fabulous weather. Well deserved after last winter!!