Friday, 7 August 2009

Electric Second Fix has started

So that is the led lights fitted in the ceiling in the office/bedroom





And to show the difference here are the ones fitted in the saloon. Only the two in the galley are missing still as we haven't boarded the ceiling there yet due to the chimney etc etc.













These are two of my black nickel sockets. The one on the left is 3pin for the 12v and the one on the right is for 230v. Took me ages to find black sockets/light switches that had matching 12v ones. Not I have to say an unqualified success as some are scratched by the boxes they were packaged in and I got them off ebay about six months ago. Luckily most of my sockets are in cupboards so not a problem. I may put surrounds around them or I may not.





Yet another mock up of my back steps. Due to Rob's knee he felt that the previous three steps were too deep so we have managed to get an extra step in and the heights are therefore reduced to 8 inch drops like household ones. However in a house you don't have to lean sideways to go down stairs!


I've been going up them like greased lightening they are brilliant.

Still restricted access is something you have to put up with when you go for a trad stern and I think that mine are perhaps better than some I have seen.








Whilst waiting for Andy to view the boat and discuss things. He is going to lay my galley tiles and make a frame for some tarpaulin for paint protection. I hoovered under the still liftupable boards in the office/bedroom/bathroom. Disappointed to see a lot of damp sawdust and bits of foam that have been cut off to allow access for various things under there. I imagine the other non liftupable boards are the same. Also mould spores on the underside of the boards. Not good. Will have to spray the ones I can get too with anti mould before they are covered up for good by the bamboo flooring. Any suggestions of how to keep the air moving under there?

I am hoping that there is better airflow in the boat now the solar vents are in and that the mould is from when Bryan was working in the boat with the calor gas fire on.



Anyway as there were a couple of loose tiles I had a bit of a play to see the effect. These tiles are very rough so no danger of slipping when they are wet. Ideal for a narrowboat and they were half price in the sale what luck!





No comments: