Wednesday, 27 May 2009

A long slog

but worth it.


Left home at 8.25am and arrived at Kiveton Park at 9.25am exactly. Would have been a little bit quicker but I did help a single handed boater by shutting some gates after him. Put the push bike on top of Phoenix and the rest of the convoy set off down the locks. Took us 5 hours to get the boats to Shireoaks Marina. (30 minutes by bike!) I then had to remount my trusty steed and return home. My legs are tired.


I took a slightly different route home as I wanted to avoid the three stiles and the railway line that I had negotiated on the way down. I struggled this morning and felt I really wouldn't be able to lift the bike over my head by the end of the day. There really shouldn't be stiles on a bridle way !!!


Emily Anne was about 5 boats back from us. Managed to time it right to go back and get a photo of her at Turnerwood but the funnel was down, so took this one at the lock after he had put it up for me. Should have asked before. Ho hum.

No comments: