Woke up in the morning and it was so sunny I went back to help out at the Festival. My job for the morning was helping to man the 'James Brindley'. This is the name for the fancy promotions trailer. I did my best 'welcoming people to my world'.
Had a trip on the Seth Ellis so have got my narrowboat fix for 2009 at last.
Met Daniel and discussed schilling rudders. His top plate (what we could see of it in the murky waters) looks a lot wider then mine and presumably his fish tail is as well. Daniel did say that there appeared to be no exact 'best' ratio of fish tail etc so hopefully my rudder will perform once it is in the water. I asked his opinion on the Axiom and he wasn't convinced enough data was in to support their claim. Anyone had one fitted?
Left in the afternoon to fetch small boy from university.
Saturday we had had over 2000 footfalls in and by 11.30 Sunday we had had 700. The site was heaving when I left at 2.30 so I imagine even more people turned up on the Sunny Day despite the first train not coming through until about 2pm.
Right back once more unto the breach.
Welcome rain except at 3 am!
4 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment