Sunday, 1 November 2009

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

Luckily dearly beloved and myself were down at the boat today.

We didn't get done what we went there for but on the plus side we did still get some kindling and removed the tarpaulins.



We hadn't intended to remove the covers just yet but the gale force wind decided that now, today was the day.

My car had been parked just in front of the steps. We were inside the boat when we heard an almighty bang and on investigating I decided to move the car -sharpish - before the whole frame landed on it.

It was then a huge rush to cut away the cloth before anything worse happened. As it is the leg that is now wrapped up in fetching blue has damaged the paintwork a bit. I wrapped it up just in case that pole moved again. Luckily the Wizard team saw our predicament and came to assist as one of us had at all times to be holding the frame down!

As you can see the whole frame has moved about 18 inches or more in some cases.

Tomorrow I will get up early and assist Bryan in dismantling the frame hopefully before it collapses completely and equally hopefully the wind will have died down by then.


On a different topic


As from tonight I will no longer have BT Broadband as a cost cutting measure so I will be relying on my mobile broadband. Small boy is thinking that he may move to his Dad's! Basically future posts may not include so many photos - we shall have to wait and see how things pan out.

No comments: