Here is my tiller. The extra low height bar is for when I have to do a lot of steering from the standing position as I find the full height tiring on my bad shoulder. 90% of the time it will just be where we hang our stern rope! I can hear the purists moaning.

I was messing around with the ramps and got lots of blacking everywhere from where Mel had painted the ends. (I thought it was dry but inside it wasn't)
Luckily it is unlikely that the boat will ever be that high off the bank! Bit of a worry if it was. Basically the ends are on a bar so they can't slide off the boat and will work even if the bank is higher or lower than the boat.They are heavy I discovered - but they will do for himself to play with. Must get a large magnet for when himself drops the bar in the water ...

No comments:
Post a Comment