Thursday, 15 October 2009

Did I say waterproof?

Apparently not!























Whilst Jim was doing the plumbing for the little basin in the loo via the bathroom he was getting severely dripped on courtesy of the pigeon box in the bathroom.







The one in the saloon is also dripping but the middle one in the galley over the waterproof tiles is not...




I have covered them over with plastic again until Bryan can refit them with better sealant.







I guess pigeons in all their guises - just like to let us know they are up there.

2 comments:

MortimerBones said...

do you know where they are leaking from? I just had one put in my boat and we welded a rod on each flap near the hinge and across the length of the flap. Then, water comes in through the gap, runs along the rod and then drains out the side. It might help you? Although it occurs to me you might have had a different sort of hatch fitted so that might be no use whatsoever!!!!

nb.bobcat said...

They are leaking around the glass inserts. So we need to remove the wood and glass and redo making sure the sealant a) goes everywhere and b) has a chance to go off properly. We therefore need a nice warm dry day - soon.