Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Ooer missus





Hmmm what did I say? Appears to be a little bit scorched! We are awaiting instructions from the surveyor as to how big my low level vent has to be. I will then no doubt have a matching scorch pattern on t'ther side of boat!
Still that is the front shorepower point.
And this is my back shorepower point. We have made it a little box so that when moored up and attached to shorepower we can still open the rear doors flat back.



Mel is working his way down my to do list. This is one of my hatch locking devices. These two hatches will only need locking from inside. The other two will have locks and keys so can be opened from inside and out, but basically same design. In fact these fancy brass locks came with 8 feet of rod which are being utilised with the locks for the other hatches so it wasn't a complete waste of money. What can I do with the spare rods? Sure I can think of something.
When finished the hatch lid will have a wooden liner.

2 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

You don't actually have to have any low level ventilation in a private boat now. It is just advisory, but very good advice

nb.bobcat said...

I am following Rcd ruling. Just got letter from surveyor about things that need doing and I am very pleased to announce that my venting requirements in total is 16700mm2 and this must be split equally between high and low. My six slots in the pigeon boxes provide 12000mm2 which exceeds the requirement for the high level. As I am not now having a mushroom vent in the bedroom I do not mind having the low level one in there. It will come down the lining and out under the beside cabinet. Together with the front window/hatch and the two opening portholes should make sure we don't kark it!