Tuesday, 20 January 2009

An oil fest

The Junckers Rustic oil has arrived and I have set up my oiling depot in my dining area of the living room and that isn't a reflection of the two boards leaning up against an upside down dining room table that is actually two more boards in the conservatory leaning against a workmate and the dining room chairs! It fools everyone including my son who at least knows there is a room out there!



The boards that Bryan has already cut and are in the narrowboat are staying there. He is pva-ing the backsides and will oil them in situ. In an ideal world I would have had the boards ordered delivered to my home and oiled well before they were needed. Life unfortunately doesn't work like that. Ho hum.




You can now see clearly the channel the 240v cables will run in. Bryan has measured it perfectly so that the galley units will fit exactly underneath the bottom of the channel. Neat huh?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kath - read your blog from cover to cover and have followed with glee the building of bobcat. Tear in my I on starting 2007 - and on the edge of me'seat through your nb adventure. Loving seeing how your craft is shaped and constructed - 2009 is going to be great for you guys out on the cut. I've bookmarked you now so please keep posting...

Spike

nb.bobcat said...

Why thank you sir, she said.

Will do my best to keep blogging as and when things have progressed.

Enjoy