
I bet you weren't expecting that! On Friday night I travelled up to Skipton to stay with a very old friend of mine and the following day we helped to build a straw bale temple at a farm that regularly holds week long festivals on their land. As it rained all day the straw building had to remain under its tent to keep the straw dry so I wasn't really able to take a photo. We managed to finish putting strawbales on two corners of the building enabling us to put the roof supports onto these two corners. Good fun learning how to shape the bales and then 'persuading' them to be vertical on the outside (bit difficult as we had to stand between the straw building and the shrouding tent affair) We weren't allowed up to the house for our lunch as it was felt we would never leave again so we set up 'tables' and 'chairs' for our picnic. That little round log 'table' was actually the head of the persuader quite a hefty little number.
I then drove back in time to go to the Wild Women of Woodsetts annual xmas dinner down at the local pub. As it was a Saturday night it was also Kareoke and we normally ruin the affair for everyone else (as they take it soooo seriously) by doing numbers such as Ernie, Tie me kangaroo down etc en masse. This year I actually felt brave enough (or drunk enough) to do a little number solo. I also managed once again to pull my geriatric admirer! I'm so blessed, as I was leaving he stopped us from going because he was going to sing a song for me would I wait 5 minutes. Hmmm he appears to want my head on his pillow... bit too godfatherish for my liking.
Anyway back to Bobcat I spent today masking up the battens for the sprayfoaming tomorrow. Not sure how much of the tape will still be attached to the battens by morning. But hey ho done what I can. Bryan will have to finish the last bit of battening and also re stick any errant bits as well as tape up the battens I didn't have time to do.

The cardboard boxes indicate how far I managed to do. The Portholes are the ones at the back so really only the engine bay left and the missing battens.
As I was closing up I took this picture to pretend I was actually steering the boat. How sad am I?

Will I fit through those trees? BW really should do a bit of a tidy up here. Overhanging branches is one thing but ...

No comments:
Post a Comment