Thursday, 4 December 2008

A ballasting we will go

As I mentioned yesterday I was helping Bryan to lay the bricks for ballast in the boat today when I woke up this morning it was raining. I don't like being cold and wet so I was wearing …

A pair of pants
A pair of tights
A pair of leggings
A pair of tracksuit bottoms
A pair of waterproof trousers
A pair of socks

On top just
A bra
tee shirt
Polo shirt
Jumper
Waterproof warm jacket

A neckerchief around the neck
A woolly hat

A pair of wrist warmers
A pair of gloves

I decided that as I was wearing a woolly hat all day there was no point in washing my hair in the morning. Consequently at lunch time when we popped out to the cafĂ© I looked a real sight. Where my hair had been bent at a wrong angle under the hat it stayed that way. On the plus side I couldn’t actually see myself so didn’t care! Rob was able to take time out from work to meet us for lunch and he paid. The little darling.

I was lovely and warm all day so it was worth it. Bryan kept getting cold feet and hands.

Me shattered now - going to put my aching feet up. The ballast is nearly all laid but we need to cut 360 bricks into 2/3 ds (Royal we) and Bryan cut about 100 or so. He will cut the rest and slot them into the gaps and then lay the marine ply on top. I forgot to take my camera today so will call in tomorrow maybe to snap the bricks in place before they disappear.

No comments: