Sunday, 7 December 2008

Ballast



I won't bore you with all the photos of the ballast you will be pleased to know. Here is the bit where it goes under the tug deck. The bed will go as far as the bricks. The space beyond is for the water tank. This apparently sits on some polystyrene which it beds itself into. Clever huh? Just need to find out the supplier of said water tank locally. Found some sites but one was in australia and the other down south. Apparently there is a local supplier. Due to its position I will also be requiring a clever gizmo to tell me when it is empty ...

Last night I forced Yvonne and Bryan to have dinner at my house and we had rabbit in red wine. It was okay I thought and everyone cleared their plates but Rob was the only one who nibbled his bones until they were squeaky clean. It is good to occasionally go outside your comfort zone you just don't have to stay there!

I was brought up on rabbit as we grew our own when we lived on a mine in the North of Portugal as we had to be self sufficient but I hadn't eaten rabbit since then. When they were little and fluffy I used to play with them. When they were bigger we ate them. Same with the goats, and the chickens and the ... Laura Ingalls Wilder/Heidi eat your heart out.

In discussions with the helpful people of nb.zindagi I have changed my mind about the Envirolet Loo and will be having the Natures Head instead. Also they have pointed me in the direction of Flettner TCX-2 Ventilator (www.flettner.co.uk) for the venting of loo. This cleverly means I no longer have to worry about a chimney on the 'wrong' side of the boat. Woo Hoo.

No comments: