Sunday, 28 February 2016

February

is nearly over.  Lovely weather for walking - mostly and yesterday and today were no exception.  Yesterday I was thrown out of  a moving car and walked home.  Made a nice change from the usual circular walks and I got chatting to a fellow walker while we were headed in the same direction.

Today we walked to Middleton in order to look at a plot of land for sale.  Not that we wanted to buy it but we were curious as to where it was and it gave us a destination.  Coming home we diverted off the High Peak Trail and tried to find our way over the fields.  Suffice to say we entered the fields at the correct point and exited at the correct point but somewhere in the middle we lost the path and did some creative walking.  Which involved a fair bit of climbing over fences/walls etc.  Made it more exciting and adventurous.

I have been playing with stained glass at home and have realised that you need the correct soldering iron - none of dearly beloved's were suitable as they keep going cold and the solder won't run.  So I need to buy a specific one. 

The kitchen is the only place to work in and I have done my best to clear up after myself but the next time I am cutting glass I think I will put up a cardboard barrier to minimise the risk of us ingesting ground glass in future!

In March the boat finally starts to have the works done in the engine room that I have been waiting for all winter - so definitely no boating yet.  However there is that 3 day walk I am doing along the Wey and Arun canal which means I will still get my canal fix.


2 comments:

Robert Salnick said...

got your 10,000 steps in on that day I'll bet

nb.bobcat said...

I think that day came to 15k. Went round the reservoir last weekend nearly 20k. But I am currently losing the friends challenge as Friday I only managed about 1400 steps. Work so gets in the way.