Saturday, 13 February 2016

And now in glorious technicolour


Showing my age here?

Any hoo

here we have for your delectation - my unfinished bit of stained glass window decoration



We completely ran out of time so the welding is untidy.  I need to get some solder and flux and smooth everything out at home as I only had time to basically attach all the pieces to each other and fit the hanging loops - no time for finesse.  One more week and it would have been perfick.

I wanted the blue water element to be much darker blues purples etc and the top sunset to be more yellows oranges and reds but I had to use what was available.  Still I like it.
Works the other way up with blue sky and dark canal water!!!

And yes my fixation with having my stove in the 'correct' place has led to it not being a mirror image.
Quirky I call it
 
Then the ones I painted direct onto my portholes.  
(I have two 'spare' due to the fused glass bobcat portholes made by Bonnie. http://www.purpleglass.co.uk )

Can you guess what this one represents?










I will tell you. 
It is the Trent and Mersey Canal.

Harecastle Tunnel
The potteries
Rugeley/Willington power stations
Burton on Trent Breweries.

Then I thought dearly beloved needed to be represented as well.

I am represented by the bobcat portholes so here is his

May I introduce 
Ratty




I took photos of some of the other work done at the stained glass workshop



This one I think it is brilliant
On the left her father then she got carried away and included her mother.  
Both back in their hippy days!



 
I also love the curves on this one






and this one 
although I think this lady forgot to allow space for the fusing.

It all fitted perfectly until the copper foil was added.  
Which was a shame.



There it is - my foray into stained glass.
Absolutely loved it. 
 
Looking forward to installing them on the boat
 and 
looking through them 
whilst I float around England and Wales this year.



1 comment:

Robert Salnick said...

not sure that Rob is going to enjoy his characterization...