Sunday, 3 May 2015

How to ... How you shouldn't ... and copying another's idea

How to remove a very heavy battery from an awkward position when you are a weak and feeble woman.


Tie straps to the handles so when you lose your grip it doesn't fall into the bilges and knock the expansion tank etc etc


wrap the end of the positive cable (and same at the other end) so that you don't have to actually remove the cable at all which is firmly fixed in place!

Join the long negative cable to the short negative cable on the starter battery together with a bolt and cover with rubber (inner tube).  Job done

Oh and place errant battery in the battery box with the other 4

How one shouldn't do Swarkstone Lock.


I clearly caught my nose on the metal cover for the bottom gate paddles.
I was on the boat and other people were operating the lock for me. I took my eye off the ball whilst chatting.  Just goes to show even with a rounded nose you can still get caught.


I thought the 'Willows' idea was a brilliant one so I copied it.

Here is my lovely tin trunk.



It slides under the end of my sofa bed and lifts up sufficiently to sneak an arm in and get at the logs.
I did have to move the right hand legs over to accommodate.  Benefit of a home made sofabed!


And you can still - just - get the ash pan out.


No comments: