Sunday, 5 April 2015

Windows 7 home premium logon failure

Long shot but anyone know how to access a laptop that won't let you log on to your user profile any more?

You get the welcome screen but when you put your password in and press enter it gets you all excited because it briefly says

Welcome

Then it says

The User Profile Service service failed the logon

User Profile cannot be loaded.

Any ideas how to get in to Safe Mode?  I have tried all the F keys

Here's hoping.

Thanks

2 comments:

Elsie said...

On my laptop if you hold the on /off button down and hold it until it goes off and thenyou press the on button to turn it on, it comes on with the option to go into safe mode.Hope this helps. Elsie nb Bendigedig

nb.bobcat said...

Thanks for that I am now in. Someone else advised hitting the f8 key non stop whilst it was starting up and that has worked. So I have followed instructions from Microsoft on what is apparently a common problem with 7. Phew. People can get paid this week. Kath