I turned off the Trent and Mersay onto the Coventry and the towpath changed sides. Phew. What timing the gas bottle finally ran out at lunchtime.
You have to remember that on my boat the gas bottles are in the side of the boat not at the front or back like normal peoples.
So I went out with my special spanner etc and took the empty one out and put it on the front deck. Went back and connected up the other bottle at which point I was joined by another boater and we got chatting. I clearly got distracted so that when I went inside to turn the gas back on I realised I hadn't actually opened the valve.
With hind sight probably a good thing as on going back and doing so I heard an ominous hiss which wouldn't go away even when I re did the connection. So no gas.
This morning because the batteries were so low I had to run the engine in order to boil the electric kettle!!!
Luckily I was just outside a Marina and I called in to buy my replacement bottle and they very kindly agreed to swop the faulty bottle for me. So I do at least have two usable full bottles.
A big decision to make
5 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment