Probably having a boat or two to follow, and an extra light at the back might have made a difference. But hey I had fun, I didn't touch the sides and I didn't knock myself out on the very low roof.
Then after cycling back to the car I was just about to drive the car further down the canal then cycle back 7 miles (I wasn't looking forward to this) when I got a phone call from dearly beloved to say he had called to the boat for a cup of tea and I wasn't there.
So I had a cunning plan. Dearly beloved was on his motorbike, I had my helmet, gloves and jacket on the boat. Done deal we moved the car to the final destination and came back on the motorbike. There was a slight flaw in this plan - he had no foot pegs for a passenger so we had to share his. Both of us had bandy legs by the time we got back to the boat! Much better than cycling back 7 miles! In fact no more cycling this trip!
A big decision to make
5 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment