Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Caxton

typical.  We finally cross paths briefly but Lesley is no longer on board.  Due to her input way back when, I have led lights all over the place blazing away and the batteries don't even wince.  However as soon as himself is on board and puts on just one of the halogen wall lights they wake up and take notice.

I was pleasantly surprised at the weather this morning all bright and sunshiny.  Which was a shame as I was stuck indoors working - but this afternoon the forecast rain has arrived so I don't mind anymore.

I moved twice yesterday managing a total of about 2 miles!  The first one was round the corner and down a lock with the washing machine doing it's stuff.  A boat waiting to go up the lock worried me as he said it was windy through the iron bridge so I panicked and moored up at Shugborough.  Hung out the washing to dry and mopped up the leaking coolant in the engine bay - Nothing is obviously the culprit since I tightened up a couple of jubilee clips.  So I have left strategic containers with kitchen towels wrapped and laid out as appropriate.

When I moved the car I saw that there was plenty of room where I had wanted to moor in the first place so I moved again.  Walking up the towpath I had a brief conversation with a lady who was following behind her husband as they polished their boat, then as I was boating past we continued with the conversation.  Husband was very confused as he had only registered the second half which made no sense at all without the first half.

As of this morning no tale tell drips of coolant that I can see.  May have to fire up the central heating just in case that is the culprit.

A heads up to my lovely followers I do not plan on doing much in the way of blogging until after July when I will show you the new livery and artwork on the good ship Bobcat.  This is because I will not be moving far or often and  have absolutely nothing interesting to say.  I have discovered that pain has a way of turning me into an utter whinging wimp. So I am not going to inflict me me me on you anymore.

So toodle pip and thanks for following.

as Arnie says

I'll be back ...


4 comments:

Les Biggs said...

I think of you frequently--especially now as I have put my neck and upper back out on Kings Lock at Middlewhich (chiro appontment in Natnwich now!). I decided if I was single handing it I could not realistically do that lock on my own--it's a total pig. And it made me wonder how you are doing? Rest is the best healer--I hope you plan to get lots between now and July. I look forward to seeing the pictures of the new livery. Take care,
Jaq

nb.bobcat said...

Jaq - you be careful.

I have a massage booked for the day before the ultrasound. A delayed b'day present from dearly beloved along with a facial. Ooh get me!

I have to keep using the arm as I mustn't lose any more muscle tone but can realistically can only do two or three locks a day.

When opening lock gates use your bum and legs rather than arms and back. I do.

Have a good chiro.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kath--enjoy the facial!!

Albert said...

We'll be missing you but, surely, we'll be here when you get back :) All the best!