Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Beware one armed bandit

is on the move.  I do not plan to move again in windy weather as I was very concerned as I boated along that if I met another boat in a bridge hole there was a risk that I would get well and truly stuck.

Does anyone know the signal for 'I'm an idiot let me through first?'

Water was an essential as I ran out last night.  Diesel was also taken on board - ouch.

Unfortunately we couldn't access the front tank as it was on the wrong side and it was proving extremely difficult (nay impossible) to open. I hope that tank doesn't run out before the towpath changes sides and I can have another go.

I was a lady of leisure today as another boater helped me through the two locks of the day.  We then took the dog for a lovely walk around Shugbrough and Tixall.  I didn't fall over which is always a bonus.

3 comments:

Les Biggs said...

Hi Kath,
If you can get to holland and Barrett's along the way, pick up some Arnica cream and use it over teh affected soft tissue twice a day. It will pull white blood cells to the area to assist healing. You have my empathy. Take care!
Jaq

Albert @ metaliteind.com said...

Does anyone know the signal for 'I'm an idiot let me through first? - Maybe you can try putting on a blank face?

nb.bobcat said...

my face is always blank!

and you wouldn't be able to detect the drool from the other side of a bridge hole!