Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Getting the hang of it now.

We rushed out the door this after and skedaddled down to the resevoir.  Quick change and out to the boat.  Rigging up was the hardest we have ever had to do as whoever put the boat away last time must have been a right numpty.  Still we were up and away clean as a whistle.  I attempted to do a triangular course around the bouys but they weren't in quite the right place for the wind direction.  Did an imaginary course instead trying to use the safety boat but he went and moved!  I included gybing and feel that I have got my confidence back a bit.  Rob mainly wanted to crew to rest his leg so he only had a go right at the end of day and brought the boat back in perfick.  We done two hove to 's one each and think we have got it sussed.

So I may yet put a sail on Bobcat!!!

2 comments:

Robert Salnick said...

Congratulations!

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

nb.bobcat said...

I know I am so proud !!!