Friday, 5 August 2011

Well I do declare

The absolute injustice.  Now I may have been sharing my bed with him all night but there was absolutely no need for him to nip me because I had the audacity to turnover in the morning to read my book.

Now I thought I had got the upper hand in the earwig fiasco and had stopped the 'treatment' as I felt the aged p's might kark it if they inhaled too deeply!!!  So to be nipped by one on Thursday morning was not the way I had planned on getting up that day.  All squeally and flappy all over the place.  Most embarrassing.

After two very hot days on the boat the day of the trip into Coventry was wet and miserable so I was alone at the helm most of the time.  We arrived in the basin around 2.15pm and set off into town with their bags intending for them to treat me to a slap up lunch and a wander around the cathedral perhaps after having ascertained the time of the coach to London.  Next thing I know they buy me an egg mayonnaise sandwich, a cup of coffee and they are on the coach and gone by 3pm.  Rats off a sinking ship have nothing on them.  Fair weather boaters!!!

Today the weather was lovely again and I think I can add to my boat blogger spotting list that I have passed Adam and Adrian off Briar Rose unless it was a different Briar Rose of course and just someone who looked a lot like Adam.

After mooring up I rescued a boat that had come completely adrift with the help of passing boaters.  One lot pushed it over so I could grab the bow line which still had the pin attached but had disappeared leaving the boat attached at one end.  The centre line was too short (also with pin attached)  for me to grab and get back on land so I had to wait for another passing boat to finish the job.  Between us we managed it.  Wonder if the owner will even notice?

6 comments:

Adam said...

Yes, that was us - I only realised it was you when you were past!

Adam said...

Oh, and that wasn't Lady Wychmore you tied up, was it? We'd only just rescued that one, which had three ropes with pins all dangling in the water.

nb.bobcat said...

grey boat with lots of dog hair on the roof? Sounds about right.

How would you know me, you'm famous me not so much!

Paul said...

Hi there, It seems as though you are not alone with the earwig problem. If you look up Narrowboat Journal, Nb Balmaha and read their last two posts, they have them too.

Regards
Paul

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Oh no! I've never known Earwigs to bite! Oh Bobcat--if you try the remedy I posted and it works please let us know.
cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaq

Water with soap in overnight didn't catch me anything. But the nasty powder from Wilko has done the trick.

Kath