Hi, sorry to read that you have lost your feline friend. What could I say to ease the pain of someone who has lost a much loved cat. I don't know if words ever could, only time will ease the pain.
So I shall tell you something about my much maligned moggy.
I have a special feline here. Jasper is almost 29, just a few months to go. He is a smelly old scrote, stiff in his joints but eats and sleeps very well. He is on medication for his thyroid. I love him to bits, even though he still likes to wake me at 4am with a mournful howl either to come in or wanting to go out. He can come and go through the cat flap, but much prefers that I open and close the door. He is the master and I am his slave. We settled the our positions in the hierarchy many years ago and I know my place.
Some days he brings a present, in the form of a suicidal, slow, old and obviously geriatric mouse because he is a slow geriatric cat. There was a time that he could run up the curtains, steal a steak from your plate and act completely innocent in a moment. Or you walk past his box and he mugs your feet.
That's is the key, you must only remember the good stuff and put behind you the bad stuff. Think about what he did that made you laugh and the escapades and scrapes he has gotten into. Things like, when he arrived home carrying a still warm cooked chicken. Or the day you watched him jump into a neighbours bedroom window to snooze on their pillow.
One day, Jasper will be no more, but every extra day with him is a bonus. But I will remember him with fond thoughts long after he has moved on to where ever cats move on to. I know I will be sad but I will turn those moments around with many good memories.
Have a look at Simons cat on utube. http://www.youtube.com/user/simonscat see if you recognise anyone. I bet you will smile and say "the ships cat" did that.
It was expected as her kidneys were failing. Still hit me hard though as I was hoping she could have another session with me on the boat as it appeared she was happiest there lately.
C'est la vie onwards and upwards. Now stop being nice to me it makes me cry!!!
5 comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss!
What happened Cath?
Lesley
Hi, sorry to read that you have lost your feline friend. What could I say to ease the pain of someone who has lost a much loved cat. I don't know if words ever could, only time will ease the pain.
So I shall tell you something about my much maligned moggy.
I have a special feline here. Jasper is almost 29, just a few months to go. He is a smelly old scrote, stiff in his joints but eats and sleeps very well. He is on medication for his thyroid. I love him to bits, even though he still likes to wake me at 4am with a mournful howl either to come in or wanting to go out. He can come and go through the cat flap, but much prefers that I open and close the door. He is the master and I am his slave. We settled the our positions in the hierarchy many years ago and I know my place.
Some days he brings a present, in the form of a suicidal, slow, old and obviously geriatric mouse because he is a slow geriatric cat. There was a time that he could run up the curtains, steal a steak from your plate and act completely innocent in a moment. Or you walk past his box and he mugs your feet.
That's is the key, you must only remember the good stuff and put behind you the bad stuff. Think about what he did that made you laugh and the escapades and scrapes he has gotten into. Things like, when he arrived home carrying a still warm cooked chicken. Or the day you watched him jump into a neighbours bedroom window to snooze on their pillow.
One day, Jasper will be no more, but every extra day with him is a bonus. But I will remember him with fond thoughts long after he has moved on to where ever cats move on to. I know I will be sad but I will turn those moments around with many good memories.
Have a look at Simons cat on utube. http://www.youtube.com/user/simonscat see if you recognise anyone. I bet you will smile and say "the ships cat" did that.
Chin up.
Mick and Mags.
It was expected as her kidneys were failing. Still hit me hard though as I was hoping she could have another session with me on the boat as it appeared she was happiest there lately.
C'est la vie onwards and upwards. Now stop being nice to me it makes me cry!!!
Oh I'm so sorry - I've only just picked this up - it is so hard to say goodbye....
Sue, nb Indigo Dream
Post a Comment