Tuesday, 1 March 2011

I'm a heathen


It was about two hours after I had bought my coal from this little lot by letting my bow rope go and drifting across the canal that I realised 

a) it was steam driven

and

b) that it was Monarch (in that order!)

Now of course afficionados would have known this just from the shape of the bows etc etc

I apologise for my lack of observational skills.

Am I forgiven by the cogniscenti I wonder?

3 comments:

NB.BELLE said...

Hi there,

Be sure that I am no cogniscenti, but, unless I am very much mistaken, Monarch is no longer steam powered. I was told a while back that boiler maintenance costs were becoming prohibitive and that as a result the steam engine was stripped out and a vintage diesel substituted.

That is unless there is a cogniscenti out there that knows different?

Cheers, ;-)

nb.bobcat said...

I thought there was smoke coming out the big chimney but I could have been mistaken. Might have been an optical illusion with the chimney in front of it.

Nb Yarwood said...

Hi Cath
Monarch, Viv Scraggs boat, has definitely been converted, the boiler went in the 1980's I think.
Lesley