that we have turned the water system on and despite there still being no shower/bath dirverter on the bath taps no water is escaping there nor indeed from the water pump nor any joints. A relief it looks like I have survived the cold winter weather with the minimum of damage to my boat.
I have had the Mikuni serviced and repressurised and discovered the reason for it's lacklustre behaviour in the past. Some of the connections in the front locker were leaking quite badly. These connections have been replaced and it worked well so my worries of diesel bug being the cause are unfounded. I will however put Marine 16 in when it next gets filled up anyway. (Both tanks)
I am now just waiting for some replacement connections from the engine into the calorifier (and ideally the bath/shower diverter) and then I am good to go.
I also had the problem with the Smartgauge E03 error looked at. The batteries are fine and not being subjected to spikes at 15v as the error message indicates. The Smartgauge itself is set too sensitive and is going off at around 14.65 14.75 etc. Which is annoying but not apparently insuperable.
All in all I enjoyed myself yesterday and did not mind at all the mopping up of antifreeze (approx 2 gallons of) using an extremely small sponge. It had to be small to fit through the wooden platform that kept everything up and out of the spillage. I can't complain as the platform had done a sterling job.
A big decision to make
5 weeks ago

1 comment:
Wonderful!
Post a Comment