Sunday, 20 June 2010

Lincoln or bust

Back at the Woodcock Inn moorings waiting for Rob to meet us and do clever things with the gearbox oil change etc.

After him insisting that the steps around the engine must be removed to access the sump plug and us discovering that Andy had not quite grasped the concept of

These panels around the engine must be easily removed.

We put the steps back together and I was able to work out size of bolt with my flexible back and then Rob discovered that lieing down he can very easily reach said sump plug we started the engine to warm oil up and left it for an hour.  Bonus we got hot water again, this is the first time I have run the engine and not moved but I felt it was allowed in this instance as it was for a purpose reason.

Oil change went well, it takes 2 litres not 1.4litres advertised - the icecream container only just held it all!
I transferred oil into old oil can and wiped bilges down again so they are still lovely and 'cleanish'.

We celebrated by having a fabulous meal at the Woodcock Inn.  It was absolutely heaving but we managed to get a table without the 30minute wait we were advised about on walking through the door (probably because we only needed a two table)

I had a good night sleep but apparently the boat up from us were noisy returning from the pub at 1.30pm.

Sunday it was Lincoln for a 'nice day out' we got the last visitor mooring which was lucky - although we later discovered we could have gone through the Glory Hole and moored that side.


I bought this rather fetching hat in Lincoln.  Wearing it I feel like Audrey Hepburn - apparently I am mistaken.





Is this a double helix I wonder?



Having visited the Lincoln Life Museum - thoroughly recommended although we didn't have time to do all of it as we needed to return to The Woodcock Inn moorings for Rob to drive back home at a reasonable hour we took a trip through the Glory Hole and turned around just before Stamp End Lock.






The cat was understandably a little fed up as she hadn't been outside ALL DAY so on our way back to the moorings I left the door open to us on the back.  She very bravely came into the engine bay whilst the engine was running.  I shut the back doors and then lifted her up so she could see what was happening.  After a while she got onto the boat roof.



At this point I felt I had maybe made a mistake.

She took a stroll down the boat and back.  Then things got a little too exciting for her as not only was there a boat approaching but also a Lancaster Bomber overhead!  It is very unlike her to allow me to pick her up but she was very willing indeed and once safely in the bowels of the boat ran back to safety.



Much happier.  She can dive under the tarp into her nice safe hidey hole.

No comments: