Thursday, 11 February 2010

Oil Fest

Once again I have been busy oiling whilst Andy has been toiling!

We have a starboard cupboard in the engine room which still needs a shelf above.

Photo to follow - once I have taken it!

One of the benefits of sending small boy across the world to visit his New Zealand relatives and hopefully gain some work experience is that I can use his bed base to store the cupboard doors for the engine room.  they have been oiled (three times) and varnished once (is that enough?) whilst the varnish dries.


This is so I can start oiling the frames for the inner glazed doors to my hatches.


As you can see my oiling table isn't big enough so I have had to be creative.

Andy is working far too quickly as I can't keep up with the oiling.  He has today made my doors.  They are going to remain on the boat as I have no room for them at home and I will oil them over the weekend. If I start after work Friday night I should get two coats on each side no problem.

What is a problem is my 3 mobile broadband. 

Up until a couple of weeks ago it was working fine in my study.  Now I am lucky if I get online once a day.  It tantalises me by offering a signal, 3g and 3 but then says that the remote computer could not be contacted and my port is therefore closed.  What does this mean?

No comments: