So when I said Andy wasn't going to work on the boat in the cold I was wrong. As his other work was roofing work he asked if he could make a start back on the boat. He also provided his own oil fired heater (electric) so he is warm and careful along the pontoon!
So I now have some door frames which is nice.
Due to the fact that my previous joiner (he who shall not be named) appears to have made a mistake in cutting out the shape of the side panel by the swim (and never admitted it) Andy has had to put a patch in which doesn't look brilliant but I am sure we can disguise it somehow. The boat looks a little more formed with the door frames in place. Looks like I will have a lot of oiling to do later on once all the joinery is in and no more sawdust is being created.
Some more framing around the galley tall cupboards and one cupboard door in place for demonstration purposes. Not sure if we are going for a lip on the shelf or drop the door a bit and have a filler piece at the top. The bottom cupboard doors will stand a bit taller then the fridge freezer, decisions decisions...
And the top frame for the bathroom doorway.
I apologise for the graininess of photo but I think the camera was stuck on 'no flash' mode which looks better in the little window on the camera but looks crap once you get it home on the computer.
Still for gist purposes you get the picture.
I am keeping up with the walking. Yesterday I parked up and walked to the boat - discovering the wonders of the view from the slag heap created by the Shireoaks Colliery which was shut in 1990 and has been planted with trees, loads of paths and benches etc. You are able to get a good 360 degree view from up there (being the only 'hill' in the area) and it was amazing to see so much snow in all directions. The only green being tree tops.
Pretty patterns
I think that that is Clumber Park in the distance.





No comments:
Post a Comment