It was that time of year again this weekend when the www met up for their annual christmas meal. Once again it was Karaoke night and as a group we managed to annihilate several songs. A good time was had by all I think although mine was tempered slightly by the appearance of a beige blot in the corner of my eye. I managed not get too close to said blot and enjoyed myself regardless even to the extent of once again doing a poem instead of singing. This year I used one of Melanie's that I dedicated to Pete her husband who unfortunately died this year and it went down quite well. Not only did I have the blot to contend with but later on there was a pile of shit that I also had to avoid stepping in or near.
I wish I had had the temerity to do this poem instead.
Little man
I smell in this room a lurking reeking presence,
It reminds me strongly of a monstrous pile of shit
That all summer long gladly raked in my cash
Making me promises that turned out to be ash
*** Some words missing !!! ***
Instead too much was handed to a rancid piece of trash
A tosser and a bigot, intolerant and crass
*** Some more words missing !!! ***
They are a monumental parasitic waste of space.
And I got neither quality nor quantity in this particular case
When it was all discovered as the proverbial hit the fan
*** some words missing !!! *** greedy little man
Most of the characters in this blogpost are fictitious, and any resemblance to actual things, persons, living, existing, preexisting, dead or dying, is purely coincidental. If anyone recognises themselves then I feel deeply sorry for them and their low sense of self esteem. Those of you quick enough to read the whole poem I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Now at this point I would like to state that anything written in this blog is entirely my own opinion and if it offends anyone then they do not need to read it. If they should read it and are then offended they are welcome to leave a comment, or to avoid further offence they should simply stop reading. I leave it entirely up to them as it is still a free world and I believe that free speech is still allowed? You don't have to agree with my opinions but I am still entitled to hold them. Of course there are some among us who are so up their own arse that they think there shouldn't be any reference made about them at all good or bad - who cares? No one - least of all me.
Merry Christmas everyone and roll on 2010.
Welcome rain except at 3 am!
4 weeks ago

3 comments:
I don't know if I agree with your opinion or not, I would have liked the opportunity to find out.
In any case, I of course respect your right to hold (and publish) any opinion, how ever demented (or correct).
Thank you very much for your endorsement of my right to hold my own opinion. There are some around here that feel that I am not!
Demented, skewed, or completely valid. When all is said and done I was the injured party.
Kath, you have been badly wronged, and, as you know, you have my deepest sympathy.
You paid a very high price, in more ways than one, and are completely entitled to your opinion, which is shared by all who have seen the results.
We hope that 2010 will bring closure of this awful episode,and that you will become happy with what should be, and hopefully will be, a lovely boat.
Happy new year!
Richard.
Post a Comment