So today we have reconnected the engine to the calorifier,
adjusted the fittings to the calorifier from the central heating so that
a ) it doesn't leak and
b ) it will be easier to build the dinette seat over it,
Finished the bath shower tap and then
we filled the water tank and hey presto I had hot and cold running water. Well the hot arrived a couple of hours later courtesy of running the central heating for a couple of hours but exciting none the less.
We only had two wastes from the basins which did any major leaking and the gulper pump needed a nut tightening. All in all Mikuni Man was pleased. He felt I was checking for leaks too hard though when I found things like the connection behind the washing machine was oozing slightly!
When we turned up in the morning Mrs Dragonelle told me she was concerned at how cold my joiner had been on the boat. She had tried to lend him a heater which he didn't accept but said he would put some thermals on!
I can now tell him he can switch the central heating on - lucky boy - even though it is only jury rigged to the battery terminals it appears to be working fine.
A big decision to make
5 weeks ago

1 comment:
You will need to keep the battery well charged if he is going to run the heating, they can be quite voltage sensitive
Post a Comment