
Andy knocked this up by lunchtime.

And by 4pm we (Andy, small boy and me) had wrestled with the two tarpaulins (each 7m by 9m) and got them fixed down, at one point I thought I was going paragliding.
Now we have to see if it can withstand the gales that rush across that field. Unlike the other boats in the yard we have no protection from that side and of course that is where the prevailing winds like to come from. The field side is held down with 4 x 10kg gazebo weights which may double up later as ballast and/or mud weights. Plus 4 x very heavy duty marquee pegs. They should keep us securely tethered once on the canal!
On the way home small boy and I called in at the Leisure Centre to enquire about adult swimming lessons and guess what? They have a promotion - if you can put your name down for at least 6 sessions and bring a friend who can swim (that would be me then) they are free. So that is where I will be at 9pm tonight!!!
We then rushed around to Tesco's to get small boy a swimming costume and there they were half price £3.00. Bargain.
At least now he has the incentive to learn that he didn't as a smaller boy. He needs it to get into the RAF Regiment.
With witnesses around I may not be able to drown him.

No comments:
Post a Comment