Basically another relaxing boating year for me. With a lot of cycling thrown in.
108trips of which 52 were me going shopping from the boat! A total of 1089 miles. Sadly I did not achieve my target of 1416 miles because I didn't do any cycling in May at all. I have set a more realistic target of 1200 miles for 2022 and already have 185 under my belt.
April was spent on my mooring, generally just chilling.
Then I set off to meet friends to do Birmingham in May and tackle the Walsall Canal Challenge. First time of doing a challenge and I doubt I will do another single handed! Also the first time I have spent any time at all boating in Birmingham. Normally it is just a through route, head down stop one night etc. But I thoroughly enjoyed it, it makes a huge difference having friends on their boats nearby.
After the Walsall Canal and the Wyrley and Essington Canals we went through Netherton tunnel and I could not believe how different the scenery was on the other side! Down to Stourport then back up the Staffs and Worcester canal.
Once I had had my second vaccination it was down to see my parents. I had not seen them since August 2019. They were safe and well.
July August and September I drifted around the Leicester ring. So quiet and peaceful up there so it was a shock once I was back on the Trent and Mersey how busy everything got!
2022 is the year of getting things done on the boat like the BSS, blacking and some engineering works so the boating aspect I envisage will be a few shorter journeys here and there. Onwards and upwards.

No comments:
Post a Comment