So we stayed one night at Kingston on Thames then on up to outside Hampton Court. Very nice. I walked around to the otherside to take a picture and of course there is a river in the way so I had to go back to the Bridge follow road to over the river and I was told to go through a gap in the hedge but I didn't like the look of it (it looked like a Tramps Home) so I walked on and over the railway turned left into the School, round the playing fields then right when I got to the Thames again and all the way along till I was opposite the mooring. Alan's boat was beautifully placed with the Palace in the background but I was too far down. The picture I did get of my boat had a black dog in the background doing something unmentionable. I think I will have to photoshop the dog out!
Hampton Court
Bananas having fun
Drunken fools at 11am in the morning?
Baxter
Then we travelled up to Shepperton and moored two nights on the 24hour moorings because of the bad weather. We were breasted up under a tree. Which of course dropped branches left right and centre. Luckily the BIG branch landed next to my boat and not on top.
Today I have moved on to Weybridge and left Alan - we will meet up again next week probably as we are both headed to Godalming. He has a gold licence but I have to get off the Thames as I only have a 7 day visitors licence.

No comments:
Post a Comment