Santiago and Bobcat sharing nicely
The Travelling Wilburies Tribute Band
I didn't take any of Toyah Wilcox but she certainly pulled and kept a crowd.
whilst still moored at Crick I saw 'Reckless' go past.
the boat that Guy Martin 'built'
then I got past (twice) by my old shareboat Soulbury somewhere below the Buckby Locks
I thought she was still up on the Macc
would be good to see her at the locks!!!
Reversing back up to try and save this sheep on it's back.
I was unable to get close enough but eventually another boat helped as well as a passing walker who went back to the bridge and crossed over. She was still alive and kicking furiously right up to when I finally got my nose in. The chaps off the other boat jumped across and rolled her over but it was just too late. I offered a bucket of water and after a slosh her ear twitched but then nothing. Too late. Then chap off Kream Krackered said one of his crew had spotted her on the way to the pub at least two hours before but not mentioned it to anyone. So chances are I would have been unable to do much for her anyway but the water cooling her down may have made her passing less horrid. Many boats passed while we were trying so maybe in future more people will be aware that a sheep on it's back is in trouble. This particular field is between railway and canal - no houses anywhere near. So us boaters are the only ones that could have helped.
and this one is for Maffi

1 comment:
I did not know that about sheep. But then what I don't know about sheep would fill volumes - pretty much all the volumes ever written about sheep
Bob
s/v Eolian
Anacortes
Post a Comment