My python drive has gone away for a while to be either reconditioned or replaced. Ouch.
I thought that not having it in the way would make this service the best ever. How wrong can a girl be.
In the process of taking the oil out of the engine via glass jug poured into funnel and thence into the old oil container I decided it was more comfortable to move the old oil container from the step to outside on the
No more burping.
Leaning down to remove the container full of the old gearbox oil from under the gearbox my hair brushed against the tap on the lift pump for the engine oil and well you can guess the rest.
Once I had finally put everything back together I started the engine which then stopped. I had forgotten to prime the fuel filter after replacing it. I played the girl card and asked for help.
Dave who took the python away has just shouted across the canal that I should turn a little knob under the fuel filter and then push the knob on the top of the filter and hey presto the engine runs again. Purely as a generator for now as we are not attached to the propeller.
We live and learn.

No comments:
Post a Comment