Thursday, 30 January 2014

I can confirm

that the new sofabed works as a chaise longue and a single bed.

I was down on the boat to destroy some of the storage in the bedroom as I had originally planned it to double up as office and bedroom but found that I preferred to work in the saloon area as it was brighter.  (Bedroom has no skylights so is nice and dark - good for sleeping not so good for working).

The plan was to demolish it completely and build a free standing wardrobe but I have compromised.
I removed the drop down desk, sawed off the corner upright, taken out the side and door of the hanging space (originally accessed from the corridor - which was awkward) and put in a hanging rail going across the space.  I will see how this works over the summer and maybe over the winter revert to plan A and dismantle the rest of it.   (I may put a curtain up in the meantime so it doesn't look quite so messy)

Below how it was


desk open

desk closed


The spare bedding/towels can now go in boxes under the sofabed I think.
I also feel I need to 'prune' my clothes.



No comments: